Enter Mountain Growl:
Other solutions like Hiss are okay, but a actually a weird hack with a lot of down sides. So while waiting for Growl 2 (which hopefully will support the Notification Center) why not use the current Growl with a plugin that does the necessary. All as a 1st class citizen in Growl.
- I'm assuming you've already have Growl (version 1.4 required) installed. If not you can get it from the App Store.
- Go & download the latest version of Mountain Growl from the GitHub download page.
- Double click it & Growl should take the install process from there.
- Make sure to select MountainGrowl as your default style in the Growl display settings.
All the notifications are still sent by Growl, so they all show the Growl icon. I'm curious how Growl 2 will target that issue. Mountain Growl is showing the original application name in the subtitle though.
The standard Growl click actions also work.
- Add an option to switch title with subtitle
- Create a proper website (is this actually needed?)
- Collecting high fives
Join the discussion on Hackernews.