Enter Mountain Growl:
Other solutions like Hiss are okay, but a actually a weird hack with a lot of down sides. So while waiting for Growl 2 (which hopefully will support the Notification Center) why not use the current Growl with a plugin that does the necessary. All as a 1st class citizen in the Growl.
- I'm assuming you've already have Growl installed. If not you can get it from the App Store
- Go & download the latest version Mountain Growl from the GitHub download page
- Double click it & Growl should take the install process from there.
All the notifications are still sent by Growl, so they all show the Growl icon. I'm curious how Growl 2 will target that issue. Mountain Growl is showing the original application name in the subtitle though.
The standard Growl click actions also work.
- Add an option to switch title with subtitle
- Create a proper website (is this actually needed?)
- Collecting high fives