Finally a place to mark (or check) an open source project if abandoned or looking for a new maintainer.
Originally created by @jkreeftmeijer, this project was ported to CakePHP 3.0 by yours truly in what started as an experiment. I decided to release it as the, long overdue now, new version of the site hoping it also helps people working with CakePHP.
(read: brain dump)
- ca-ching, ca-ching, caching (Redis)
- tests, enough said
- continuous integration (Travis or CircleCI)
- improve API (aim for RESTful?)
- seed database for development (Faker)
- key indicators (last commit date, last owner/collaborator reply to issue, # of opened/closed issues/PRs, etc.)
- Bitbucket integration
- extensions (browser, package managers)
- Capistrano task to create
tmp/.envfrom ERB template
StillMaintained.com needs your help to become awesome. If you have a great idea, please create an issue. It would be better if you forked the project, implemented your idea and sent me a pull request too. Just sayin'.;))
Getting up and running
To make it dead simple, a Vagrant box is included. Clone the repo:
- Clone the repo:
$ git clone https://github.com/stillmaintained/stillmaintained $ cd stillmaintained
- Define your Github application credentials:
$ sudo $EDITOR tmp/.env
- Setup local domain:
$ sudo echo '192.168.13.37 local.stillmaintained.com' >> /etc/hosts
- Start the VM:
$ vagrant up
- Check the website by going to http://local.stillmaintained.com. If you run into any issues, please let us know. :)
I'd like to thank:
- Linode, sponsor. Reliable and well priced hosting.
- @doriath88, for sticking around so long.
- @jkreeftmeijer, for entrusting me with this project.
- [CakePHP contributors], cake3 is dope!
There are more people to thank, those are just the main ones.