Shell script to install a StintCoin Masternode on a Linux server running Ubuntu 16.04 or higher. Use it on your own risk.
wget -N https://raw.githubusercontent.com/stintcoin/StintCoin-MN-Install/master/stintcoin_install.sh bash stintcoin_install.sh
Wait until you request "Private Key" and paste your "masternode genkey" generated in the following steps.
Desktop wallet setup
After the MN is up and running, you need to configure the desktop wallet accordingly. Here are the steps:
- Open the StintCoin Desktop Wallet.
- Go to RECEIVE and create a New Address: (Example): MN1
- Send 3000 STINT to MN1. You need to send all 3000 coins in one single transaction.
- Wait for 10 confirmations.
- Go to Tools -> "Debug Window - Console"
- Type the following command and copy the generated key to Notepad: masternode genkey And masternode outputs (Use masternode genkey in the VPS when you request "Private Key").
- Go to Tools -> "Open Masternode Configuration File"
- Add the following entry:
Alias Address Privkey TxHash TxIndex
- Alias: MN1
- Address: VPS_IP:27501
- Privkey: Masternode Private Key
- TxHash: First value from masternode outputs
- TxIndex: Second value from masternode outputs
Example: mn1 127.0.0.1:27501 SkfYBVUCYjEMeeH1Y4sBGLALQZE1Yc1K64xyggXgf4GBDQL8Xg 54gd3c84c84f87eaa86e4e56834c92927a07f9e18718810b92e0d0324456a67c 0
- Save and close the file.
- Go to Masternode Tab. If you tab is not shown, please enable it from: Settings - Options - Wallet - Show Masternodes Tab
- Click Update status to see your node. If it is not shown, close the wallet and start it again. Make sure the wallet is un
- Select your MN and click Start Alias to start it.
- Alternatively, open Debug Console and type:
masternode start-alias MN1
- Login to your VPS and check your masternode status by running the following command:
stintcoin-cli masternode status
If you get an error and your masternode isn't running, try stopping and restarting the masternode by doing the following:
stintcoin-cli stop stintcoind
stintcoin-cli masternode status stintcoin-cli getinfo
Also, if you want to check/start/stop StintCoin, run one of the following commands as root:
systemctl status stintcoin #To check if StintCoin service is running systemctl start stintcoin #To start StintCoin service systemctl stop stintcoin #To stop StintCoin service systemctl is-enabled stintcoin #To check if StintCoin service is enabled on boot