OpenRefine Named-Entity Recognition
- Download the zip file from the latest release
- Extract the
.zipinto the OpenRefine folder
- Start or restart OpenRefine
- Open or create a project
- Click the Named-entity recognition button at the top right, choose Configure services... and enter your API keys.
- Click the small triangle before the column name and choose Extract named entities...
- Select the services you want to use.
- Click Start extraction.
In order to use StanfordNLP an instance of the service must be running.
- Download the NLP service software
- Extract the download, and from within the extracted directory run
java -mx4g -cp "*" edu.stanford.nlp.pipeline.StanfordCoreNLPServer -port 9000 -timeout 15000
Free Your Metadata
The Named-Entity Recognition extension has been developed as part of the Free Your Metadata initiative.
This extension is provided free of charge under the MIT license.
If this extension is used for research, we kindly ask that you refer to the associated paper in your publications:
van Hooland, S., De Wilde, M., Verborgh, R., Steiner, T., and Van de Walle, R. Exploring Entity Recognition and Disambiguation for Cultural Heritage Collections. Digital Scholarship in the Humanities, Vol. 30 Iss. 2, pp. 262–279, 2015.
mvn package assembly:single
- Extension will be located into