Clone this wiki locally
Welcome to the JSON-java wiki! A reference application to demonstrate parsing JSON in Java
Note regarding the recent change of ownership:
This GitHub repository was created in 2010 by Douglas Crockford, who wrote the original JSON specification. In Feb 2015, he posted a request in the README to find a new owner. I have managed the repository under Douglas' guidance from Mar 2015 until Jan 2016, when ownership was transferred.
My goals since Mar 2015, and going forward:
- Continue in maintenance mode, in terms of stability, availability, and accessibility of the project
- Make sure it continues to compile against new Java versions
- Fix reported bugs.
- Maintain compatibility with RFC 7159 and ECMA-404
- Avoid any actions that would affect the ability of users to access and use the software
- Provide some technical documentation and answer questions regarding the project design and use
- Provide unit tests
Enhancements and bug fixes require a compelling use case, unit tests, review (most pull requests remain open for comments for 3 days or more). Changes that might inconvenience existing users are strongly discouraged.
Thanks, Sean Leary