Ruby D-Bus provides an implementation of the D-Bus protocol such that the D-Bus system can be used in the Ruby programming language.
- Ruby 1.8.7 or 1.9
gem install ruby-dbus
Ruby D-Bus currently supports the following features:
- Connecting to local buses.
- Accessing remote services, objects and interfaces.
- Invoking methods on remote objects synchronously and asynchronously.
- Catch signals on remote objects and handle them via callbacks.
- Remote object introspection.
- Walking object trees.
- Creating services and registering them on the bus.
- Exporting objects with interfaces on a bus for remote use.
- Rubyish D-Bus object and interface syntax support that automatically allows for introspection.
- Emitting signals on exported objects.
See some of the examples in the examples/ subdirectory of the tarball. Also, check out the included tutorial (in Markdown format) in doc/Tutorial.md or view it online on https://github.com/mvidner/ruby-dbus/blob/master/doc/Tutorial.md .
Ruby D-Bus is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2.1 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.