Storyworld Authoring Tool
This is the source code for Chris Crawford's storyworld authoring tool.
- Git - Instructions on how to install and configure Git
- Eclipse IDE for Java Developers - We recommend installing the Photon package for your platform.
After installing and configuring the required software please clone or download this repository and follow the instructions below to run the code.
- Run Eclipse and set your workspace (first time only).
- Make sure the Project Explorer is visible. If the Project Explorer is not visible select Show View > Project Explorer from the Window menu.
- Select New -> Java Project from the File menu. The New Java Project dialog will appear.
- In the dialog type “SWAT” (without quotes) in the Project Name field.
- In the dialog uncheck the [ ] Use Default Location checkbox.
- In the dialog click the Browse button to the right of the Location field.
- Navigate to folder containing the SWAT source code. Select this folder and click the Open button. Note: This folder is the top-level one created when you download or unzip the SWAT source code.
- In the dialog select the Finish button. The dialog will disappear and SWAT folder and its contents will show up in the Project Explorer.
- In the Project Explorer select the SWAT folder
- Select Run As > Java Application from the Run menu.
- Select “SwatMain - com.storytron.swat” from the Select Java Application dialog list.
- Click the OK button to run SWAT.
- In the Open dialog navigate to the SWAT/res/data/ folder and select a storyworld file (storyworld files have a .stw extension).
- Click the Open button to open the selected storyworld in SWAT.
- Select Lizards > Storyteller Lizard from the Lizards menu to run the storyworld.