Dropwizard is a sneaky way of making fast Java or Scala web services.
It's a little bit of opinionated glue code which bangs together a set of libraries which have historically not sucked:
- Jetty for HTTP servin'.
- Jersey for REST modelin'.
- Jackson for JSON parsin' and generatin'.
- Logback for loggin'.
- Hibernate Validator for validatin'.
- Metrics for figurin' out what your service is doing in production.
- SnakeYAML for YAML parsin' and configuratin'.
Read more at dropwizard.codahale.com.