Rebase and publish
git remote add upstream email@example.com:openstreetmap/iD.git git checkout master git fetch upstream master git rebase upstream/master git push -f make cp -r dist /tmp/ git checkout gh-pages cp -r /tmp/dist/* .
add all files (except the dist directory to the changeset)
git commit -a -m "rebase off upstream master" git push git checkout master
For every update the conflicts have been very minor.
- It's intentionally simple. It lets you do the most basic tasks while not breaking other people's data.
- It supports modern browsers. Data is rendered with d3.
- Try out the latest stable release
- Read up on Contributing and the code style of iD
- See open issues in the issue tracker if you're looking for something to do
- Node.js version 0.10.0 or newer
- Command line development tools (
git, and a compiler) for your platform
sudo apt-get install build-essential git
- Mac OS X: Install Xcode and run
xcode-select --installfrom a command line
To run the current development version of iD on your own computer:
- Create a local
git cloneof the project, then
cdinto the project folder
- Start a local web server, e.g.
python -m SimpleHTTPServer
http://localhost:8000/in a web browser
Come on in, the water's lovely. More help? Ping tmcw, jfire, or bhousel on IRC
#osm) or on the OSM mailing lists.
For guidance on building a packaged version, running tests, and contributing to development, see CONTRIBUTING.md.
Initial development of iD was made possible by a grant of the Knight Foundation.