This demo shows how you can create a web app to run surveys, using a Parse backend, and streamdata.io for automatic updates of the UI.
Follow these steps to make it work:
- Sign up to Parse at https://www.parse.com/signup and create your first app
- Go to Core tab, and create 3 custom classes, with the following columns:
- Declare your Parse Application ID, and REST API Key in app.js (Parse keys can be found in Settings tab)
- Create an account on streamdata.io to get your streamdata.io app token at https://portal.streamdata.io/#/register.
- Declare your streamdata.io app token in app.js
- Save and launch index.html in your favorite browser (works with Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and IE 10+)
You are done! Use Parse UI in order to declare your surveys (questions and options), host it on a server (we use a PHP cartridge in OpenShift), and give the URL to your audience to start the poll. The UI gets udpated automatically as the audience votes for their favorite option.