Watch any video together with friends.
Play a video on any streaming site, and playback & play/pause will stay synchronized across all your friends. Just make sure everyone has the extension.
- Tell everyone to install the Stream Together extension
- Launch any video on any streaming service
- Click the Stream Together button in your browser toolbar, and select "Create a watch party"
- Share the link with your group
- Have each friend click the Stream Together button, and click "Join a watch party"
- Paste the link into the Join box to connect to the session
You should get a notification as your friends join the party.
- Amazon Prime Video
- Les Mills On Demand
- more we don't know about! Reach out to add to our list, or to let us know of a site that isn't working the way it should.
This project is open source. See our roadmap, fix bugs or help out at: https://github.com/streamtogether/stream-together-web-extension
Your contributions would be stellar! Here's how you can run the project locally.
- Clone this repository
- For Firefox, follow these steps:
- Navigate to
about:debuggingin the URL bar
- Select "This Firefox" from the sidebar
- Select "Load Temporary Add-On..." and choose the
- Navigate to
- For Google Chrome, follow these steps:
- Go to Google Chrome > ... > More Tools > Extensions
- Remove any Stream Together extension previously installed
- Select "Load Unpacked"
- Select the
dist/folder of the cloned repository
As you make changes, click the
Update button in the Extensions tab
to try out those changes.
Check out the Github Actions tab (you'll need to be signed in to a GitHub account) to see builds, and download a ZIP of the latest code.
Uploading builds to the Chrome Web Store and Firefox Add-on Developer Hub is done by @hnryjms, who has access to the developer dashboard.
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see https://www.gnu.org/licenses/