Facebook Aperture Exporter
This is a simple exporter plugin for Apple's Aperture. I wasn't happy with the built-in syncing Aperture 3 has, and the existing export plugin for Facebook wouldn't work for me. Plus, that author wasn't returning my emails to try and get it to work. So I wrote my own.
- Logging in and out of a Facebook account
- Album creation and selection (where to upload the photos to)
- High resolution photo uploads to Facebook
- Enabled by uploading large versions to Facebook (choose an export preset that will create 2048 pixels along the largest side)
- Sparkle updating
- Growl notifications
Known Limitations and Issues
- The preferences button does nothing. Eventually it will show the preferences window.
- The export progress information in the Activity panel is pretty much broken. At least you know it is still exporting.
- The caption for a created Facebook album is not set. Still figuring out why that is the case.
The open album when upload is complete checkbox does not work The Sparkle update framework only runs when the plugin is closed. The Sparkle framework doesn't reopen Aperture after updating the plugin. This means you need to open Aperture manually.
Nice Features to Have
- Choose whether to use the Title or Description from each photo to use as the photo's caption on Facebook (currently uses the title).
- Add a tag to all uploaded photos
Usage and Installation
- Download the plugin from github.
- After downloading, put the plugin in the directory
~/Library/Application Support/Aperture/Plug-Ins/Export. If the
Plug-Insand / or
Exportdirectories do not exist, create them.
- If Aperture is running, restart it.
- Select the versions to export, choose
File -> Export -> FacebookExporter...