Clone this wiki locally
Misc modules that extend Express or provide useful utilities.
- Express Expose -- Expose js objects, functions, and modules to client-side scripts
- Express Messages -- Flash message display dynamicHelper
- Express Configuration -- Async configuration
- Express Resource -- Resourceful routing
- Express Helpers -- Misc view helpers for Express (broken link, try this package)
- Express Load -- Autoload scripts (routes, models, controllers...) into application instance for large Express applications
Template engines that are Express compliant out of the box.
- Jade -- Haml inspired template engine
- Haml.js -- Haml implementation
- hbs -- adapter for Handlebars.js, an extension of Mustache.js template engine
- h4e -- adapter for Hogan.js, with support for partials and layouts
- hulk-hogan -- adapter for Twitter's Hogan.js (Mustache syntax), with support for Partials
- combyne.js -- A template engine that hopefully works the way you'd expect.
- swig -- fast, Django-like template engine
- whiskers -- small, fast, mustachioed
- Blade -- HTML Template Compiler, inspired by Jade & Haml
- Haml-Coffee -- Haml templates where you can write inline CoffeeScript.
- Webfiller -- plain-html5 dual-side rendering, self-configuring routes, organized source tree, 100% js.
- express-hbs -- Handlebars with layouts, partials and blocks for express 3 from Barc
express3-handlebars -- A Handlebars view engine for Express which doesn't suck.
The Consolidate.js library unifies the APIs of these template engines to a single Express-compatible API.
Frameworks built with Express
- base12 -- a 12factor.net web app platform, built on express 3. Ported from our 2-year evolving boilerplate at Skookum Digital Works.
- Monorail.js -- Ultra lightweight MVC framework for Node.js
- Locomotive -- Powerful MVC framework for Node.js. Inspired by Ruby on Rails.
- RailwayJS -- High-level MVC framework inspired by RoR
- Calipso -- A Content Management System based on Express & Mongoose
- Derby -- A real-time, collaborative application framework
- Bones -- A client/server application framework built with Express & Backbone
- Matador -- MVC framework by the guys at Twitter
- Mojito -- Yahoo's MVC framework
- Tower.js -- Full Stack Web Framework for Node.js and the Browser. Modeled after Ruby on Rails. Built for the client and server from the ground up.
- Railway-routes -- Low level library for generating Rails-style routes.
- Chungking -- Low level library for using Rails-style controllers with Express.
- sails -- Full stack MVC framework which automatically maps socket.io event handlers to Express routes.
- Boilerplate -- boilerplate app supplying Express, Connect, Socket-IO, Jade and more.
- express-site-template -- jade, stylus, sessions with redis
- backbone-express-mongoose-socketio -- Boilerplate app supplying backbone, mongoose, and socket.io