Clone this wiki locally
Misc modules that extend Express or provide useful utilities.
- Express Expose -- Expose js objects, functions, and modules to client-side scripts
- Express Messages -- Flash message display dynamicHelper
- Express Configuration -- Async configuration
- Express Resource -- Resourceful routing
- Express Helpers -- Misc view helpers for Express
Template engines that are Express compliant out of the box.
- Jade -- Haml inspired template engine
- Haml.js -- Haml implementation
- hbs -- adaptor for Handlebars.js, an extension of Mustache.js template engine
- hulk-hogan -- adaptor for Hogan.js (Mustache), with support for Partials
- combyne.js -- A template engine that hopefully works the way you'd expect.
- swig -- ast, Django-like template engine
whiskers -- small, fast, mustachioed
The Consolidate.js library unifies the APIs of these template engines to a single Express-compatible API.
Frameworks built with Express
- Locomotive -- Effective web development for Node.js. Inspired by Ruby on Rails.
- RailwayJS -- High-level MVC framework inspired by RoR
- Calipso -- A Content Management System based on Express & Mongoose
- Bones -- A client/server application framework built with Express & Backbone
- backbone-express-mongoose-socketio -- Boilerplate app supplying backbone, mongoose, and socket.io
- Boilerplate -- boilerplate app supplying Express, Connect, Socket-IO, Jade and more.
- Matador -- MVC framework by the guys at Twitter
Visit the Connect wiki for middleware.