The high-level functional requirements for the new Risk System are as follows.
- Import trade data from the Trade Data System.
- Import counterparty data from the Reference Data System.
- Join the two sets of data together, enriching the trade data with information about the counterparty.
- For each counterparty, calculate the risk that the bank is exposed to.
- Generate a report that can be imported into Microsoft Excel containing the risk figures for all counterparties known by the bank.
- Distribute the report to the business users before the start of the next trading day (9am) in Singapore.
- Provide a way for a subset of the business users to configure and maintain the external parameters used by the risk calculations.