Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 31 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Clojure: Simple By Design
Simplicity is a powerful technique for writing better programs, programs that have:
- concision: write programs 5-10x smaller than before
- robustness: easily write programs that work correctly
- generality: use the same simple ideas over and over, instead of masses and masses of redundant classes
- agility: add new capabilities with ease
In this talk, we will introduce Clojure, and introduce Simplicity via concrete examples from
- Clojure syntax
- Clojure protocols
- Clojure values and references
We will then show how these ideas (and others) lead to concision, robustness, generality, and agility.
Finally, we will talk about the production of Clojure: how these ideas translate into a distinctive style of managing an open-source project.