This set of tools supports manipulating dialogue script data from the game Magical School Lunar! (Sega Saturn, 1997). Aside from the commandline tool, this project also contains a Rust crate with a few helpers to let you write your own tools for working with script files.
brew install mistydemeo/lunar/msl_script_tools
Clone this repo, and then
Extracts script files into CSV files with the following fields:
- chunk - The index of the chunk in which the string is located.
- offset - The hex offset of the beginning of the string in the chunk. This is relative to the beginning of the chunk, not the beginning of the file.
- character - The name of the character who's speaking. Currently not supported, so always written as a blank string.
- expression - The expression of the character who's speaking. Currently not supported, so always written as a blank string.
- japanese - The line of dialogue, converted from Shift JIS into UTF-8.
- english - Left blank to allow room for translation.
For each input file, a CSV file will be written with the same name and the .csv extension. By default, the script files will be written into the working directory; use the
--output option to choose another directory.