Genesis Sample Theme
Github project link: https://github.com/copyblogger/genesis-sample/
- Upload the Genesis Sample theme folder via FTP to your wp-content/themes/ directory. (The Genesis parent theme needs to be in the wp-content/themes/ directory as well.)
- Go to your WordPress dashboard and select Appearance.
- Activate the Genesis Sample theme.
- Inside your WordPress dashboard, go to Genesis > Theme Settings and configure them to your liking.
The version of Genesis Sample on GitHub includes tooling to check code against WordPress standards. To use it:
- Install Composer globally on your development machine. See Composer setup steps.
- In the command line, change directory to the Genesis Sample folder.
- Type the command
composer installto install PHP development dependencies.
composer phpcsto run coding standards checks.
You'll see output highlighting issues with PHP files that do not conform to Genesis Sample coding standards.
Packaging for distribution
- Switch to the branch you plan to distribute.
composer exportto zip all non-development files as
export command is an alias for
git archive -o genesis-sample.zip HEAD.
Please visit https://my.studiopress.com/help/ for theme support.