[3.1.0] - 2019-08-21
Requires Genesis 3.1.0+
- Starter Pack feature to allow imported content choices.
- Customizer Logo width validation and messaging.
- Featured image display options for singular posts and pages.
- Footer widget import with one-click theme setup.
- Updated Screenshot to reflect one-click theme setup content.
- Set archive image size to genesis-singular-images on theme activation.
- Allow breadcrumbs and layout settings to be used on the landing page template.
genesis-custom-logofunctionality in place of
- Use PHP short array syntax.
- Update one-click theme setup content page meta to accommodate new Genesis 3.1 features.
- Add version number to zip files generated with
npm run zip. (GitHub version only.)
- Update the phpcs config to include a PHP short array rule and update PHP and WordPress testing versions. (GitHub version only.)
- Update developer dependencies. (GitHub version only.)
- Block page template in favor of new Genesis per-page settings.
- Use current theme name instead of 'genesis-sample' when enqueueing assets. This ensures assets continue to load if the theme is renamed.
Requires Genesis 3.0.0+.
- AMP support. (Optional, off by default, requires Genesis 3.0.0 and the AMP plugin.)
composer run phpcbfcommand to fix simple PHP linting violations. (GitHub version only.)
- Reorganized config folder for easier reading and maintenance.
- Use new
genesis_get_theme_version()functions from Genesis 3.0.0 in place of declaring
- Update developer dependencies.
- Improved block column CSS for WordPress 5.2+.
- Responsive menu scripts have been replaced with
genesis-responsive-viewporttheme support declaration. This is now added by default in Genesis 3.0.0.
- Deleted Genesis nav extras filter and metabox removal. These are no longer present in Genesis 3.0.0.
child-theme-settings-genesis.phpfile and filter. Genesis 3.0.0 no longer includes a settings admin page or
404-pageaccessibility support, as this no longer has an effect.
Requires Genesis 2.10.0+.
- Added: create a WPForms form during one-click theme setup and insert a WPForms block on the sample contact page.
- Added: remove link in hidden title when custom logo is in use for better accessibility.
- Changed: set full-width page layout for the Block Examples and About pages during one-click theme setup.
- Changed: improve styling of tables.
- Changed: improve editor button block styling.
- Changed: clarify wording of Customizer color labels.
- Changed: remove matchHeight script and use CSS flex instead to match heights of WooCommerce product lists.
- Fixed: WooCommmerce shop pages now use the selected page layout instead of the default site layout on sites using object caching.
- Fixed: update the
npm run zipscript to prevent an issue with zip decompression for apps such as Path Finder. (npm scripts are available in the version of Genesis Sample on GitHub: https://github.com/studiopress/genesis-sample/).
- Added: Contributing guidelines.
npm run lint:jsand
npm run fix:js).
- Added: GitHub issue templates (in the theme’s GitHub repository only).
wide-blocksBlock Editor tags to theme stylesheet header.
- Changed: Fixed wide and full width table block styling to display correctly on the front end.
- Changed: Marked third party plugins with “(Third Party)” in
Requires Genesis 2.9.0.
- Added: Additional pages are created during One-Click Theme Setup.
- Added: A menu is set up during One-Click Theme Setup.
- Added: Install and activate WPForms Lite, Genesis eNews Extended, and Simple Social Icons during One-Click Theme Setup.
- Changed: Added Customizer colors to the Block Editor color palette.
- Changed: Use
theme-secondaryslugs for Block Editor color palette to prevent possible loss of styling when switching themes. We are now using this convention for new StudioPress theme releases and updates and encourage theme developers to do the same.
- Changed: Removed gray colors from the Block Editor color palette.
- Changed: Generate inline styles for the Block Editor from theme supports, reducing manual Block Editor CSS required. See
- Changed: The default button block color is now blue and not gray.
- Changed: Combined all Block Editor config into a single file at
- Changed: Removed the XML sample content file. You can import sample content via One-Click Theme Setup by visiting
- Changed: CSS adjustments including button, blockquote, latest posts block, and WPForms styling.
- Changed: improvements to CSS and PHP coding standards.
Requires Genesis 2.8.0.
- New: Block-based homepage layout.
- New: Auto homepage setup upon theme activation using the new onboarding feature from Genesis 2.8.0. (See
- New: “Blocks” page template for use with the block editor. The template removes the title and breadcrumbs, and forces a full-width layout.
- New: Load configuration with the new
genesis_get_config()function from Genesis 2.8.0. (See
- New: Add
has-no-blocksbody class if singular post/page contains no blocks.
- New: Add
first-block-[block-name]body class. Helps remove top padding when blocks such as the Cover block are first on the page.
- New: Add
first-block-align-[alignment]body class. Helps adjust styles if the first block is full-width.
- Update: Styling adjustments for buttons, content width, and column blocks.
- Update: Prevent 'admin' user being created during manual XML demo content import.
- Update: Remove editor font sizes shortname from Gutenberg font sizes config. (The shortname is no longer used in WordPress.)
- Tools: Improve
npm run zipcommand to create archives that unzip to a 'genesis-sample' folder on Windows.
- Fix: Reinstate normalize.css and update to version 8.0.1.
- Fix: Reinstate Genesis Column Classes in main stylesheet.
- Fix: Stop background hover color appearing for mobile menu-highlight button.
- New: Add Gutenberg opt-in feature support (wide blocks, fonts, colors, editor and block styling).
- New: Add theme support for responsive media embeds.
- Update: General styling adjustments (remove rems for font size, center button text, responsive menu adjustments, use circles for unordered sublists).
- Update: WooCommerce styling adjustments, make mobile-first.
- Fix: Use custom logo height fallback of '1' if an SVG logo is used instead of a bitmap. (SVG support still has to be enabled in WordPress, which disables it by default.)
- Fix: Prevent featured images in Featured Posts widgets appearing at 75px square.
- Fix: Prevent title overlaying custom logo when printing.
- Tools: Add npm scripts for automation. See https://github.com/studiopress/genesis-sample#npm-scripts.
- Tools: PHPCS and Composer improvements.
- Fix product gallery bug in WooCommerce 3.0 update.
- Improve compliance with WordPress coding standards.
- Improve inline documentation.
- Add content_width for media width.
- Add logo width setting.
- Add mobile first CSS.
- Add Simple Social Icon defaults filter.
- Add development tools.
- Change custom header to custom logo.
- Update favicon design.
- Update theme tags.
- Update typography and style.
- Update XML demo content.
- Update responsive menu to 1.1.3.
- Update image size default functions for WooCommerce 3.3+.
- Remove menu toggle border.
- Remove unnecessary CSS vendor prefixes.