Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
This is a wiki about the StumpWM window manager for X. Please join us in saying hello to complete customization!
There is a single mailing list for all manner of discussion related to Stumpwm. Subscribe here: https://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/stumpwm-devel
There is also the IRC channel #stumpwm on irc.freenode.net for more interactive discussions.
What is Stumpwm?
- FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions
- Customize: User contributed .stumpwmrc files and how to write them
- Using Frames and Windows: Working with StumpWM's most basic layout commands
- Git: Using git with StumpWM (a mini tutorial)
- StartUp: Quick start to use and modify StumpWM (Info on the info manual)
- Xubuntu (XFCE) and StumpWM: A quick-HowTo
- Ubuntu 12.04 + Gnome + StumpWM: A 90%-working config
- Debian Jessie + StumpWM
- Mounting Storage Devices: How to (auto)mount storage devices
- SetUp: Legacy instructions for non-standard build paths
- Compiling SBCL: A step by step on compiling SBCL
- Freezes: A page discussing debugging techniques if stumpwm
- Enscript Stumpwm code PDF: HowTo dump the source to pdf
- Emacspeak support: Speech-Enabling StumpWM For Eyes-Free Use
- Setting Up a Desktop Environment: Making your desktop more comfortable.
- Stump-friendly Tools: other software that works particularly well with keyboard control and/or StumpWM
- Modules: Programs that augment StumpWM
- Grabbed Pointer: Change default "white square" cursor
- Tips and Tricks: Don't feel like browsing through a whole .stumpwmrc for gems of wisdom?
Nota Bene Many of the customizations below are out of date or not maintained. They remain linked for historical purposes only. Please put new customization pages above so we can separate relevant information from older cruft.
- Handling the Gimp: One approach to using programs that start many windows, like the Gimp
- Work with Emacsclient: Invoke emacslient from CLI, raise emacs window then return back
- StumpPatches: User contributed patches (obsolete)