How to contribute
We love pull requests. And following this guidelines will make your pull request easier to merge.
- If it’s your first pull request, watch this amazing course by Kent C. Dodds.
- Install EditorConfig plugin for your code editor to make sure it uses correct settings.
- Fork the repository and clone your fork.
- Install dependencies:
- Read the developer guide.
Run Babel in watch mode and start example style guide:
npm run compile:watch & npm start
Open localhost:6060 in a browser.
(There are other example style guides to test particular features too, run
npm run to see a list.)
Run linters and tests:
Or run tests in watch mode:
npm run test:watch
To update Jest snapshots:
npx jest -u
Don’t forget to add tests and update documentation for your changes.
Please update npm lock file (
package-lock.json) if you add or update dependencies.
Integration tests (Cypress)
First install dependencies:
npm run test:cypress:pre
Then start Styleguidist server:
npm run compile:watch & npm run test:cypress:startServer
And, finally, in a separate terminal run tests:
npm run test:cypress:run
Or open Cypress UI:
npm run test:cypress:open
- If you have commit access to repository and want to make big change or not sure about something, make a new branch and open pull request.
- Don’t change version number and change log.
- If you're updating examples other then
examples/basic, you'll need to modify your watch and start commands:
npm run compile:watch & npm run start:customised # if making changes to examples/customised npm run compile:watch & npm run start:sections # if making changes to examples/sections
scripts section of the top level package.json
. If an example doesn't have a script just point to its config:
node bin/styleguidist.js server --config examples/path/to/example/styleguide.config.js