Vagrant VM for Graphite + StatsD + Diamond
A quick Vagrant setup for a running Graphite, StatsD, and Diamond installation on a Debian Squeeze 32-bit VM via Chef.
Various Chef cookbooks here might also be useful on their own, though they are not very polished.
- virtual box needs to be installed: https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads
- Vagrant too: http://downloads.vagrantup.com/
- Download or clone this project
cdto the project's root
- In the
:tzto your timezone.
- To spin up the VM, do
- After the VM is up,
vagrant sshto ssh into it.
- From the local machine, view the Graphite web interface by browsing to
- You can later shut it down by doing
vagrant halt, or completely destroy it using
- OpsCode for their various cookbooks
- Graphite itself
- the Linux Racker blog: http://linuxracker.com/2012/03/31/setting-up-graphite-server-on-debian-squeeze/