Bitcoin Incognito (XBI) Masternode Setup Guide (Ubuntu 16.04)
This guide will assist you in setting up a Bitcoin Incognito Masternode on a Linux Server running Ubuntu 16.04. (Use at your own risk)
If you require further assistance contact the support team Discord
- 3,000 XBI coins.
- A Vultr VPS running Linux Ubuntu 16.04.
- A Windows local wallet.
- An SSH client such as Bitvise
- Section A: Creating the VPS within Vultr.
- Section B: Downloading and installing Bitvise.
- Section C: Connecting to the VPS and installing the MN script via Bitvise.
- Section D: Preparing the local wallet.
- Section E: Connecting & Starting the masternode.
- FAQ: Frequently asked questions
Follow the next steps or follow the video tutorial.
- Register at Vultr
- After you have added funds to your account go here to create your Server
- Click "Deploy now"
Section B: Downloading and installing BitVise.
- Download Bitvise here
- Select the correct installer depending upon your operating system. Then follow the install instructions.
Section C: Connecting to the VPS & Installing the MN script via Bitvise.
- Copy your VPS IP (you can find this by going to the server tab within Vultr and clicking on your server.
- Open the bitvise application and fill in the "Host" box with the IP of your VPS, the "Port" box with 22 and the "Username" box with root then click "Log in"
- Once you have clicked log in it will open a security alert (click "Accept and Save").
- Paste the password into the "Password" box and press "OK"
- Paste the code below into the Bitvise terminal then press enter (it will show you the download and go the a new line)
wget -N https://raw.githubusercontent.com/sub307/Bitcoin_Incognito/master/xbi_install.sh
- Paste the code below into the Bitvise terminal then press enter
- Sit back and wait for the install (this will take 10-20 mins)
- When prompted to enter your Gen key - press enter (or paste your local generated key and press enter)
- You will now see all of the relavant information for your server.
- Keep this terminal open as we will need the info for the wallet setup.
Section D: Preparing the Local wallet
- Download and install the XBI wallet here
- Send EXACTLY 3,000 XBI to a receive address within your wallet. (You can do this from your wallet to a new address in your wallet or from the exchange)
- Create a text document to temporarily store information that you will need.
- Go to the debug console within the wallet
- Type the command below and press enter
- Copy the long key (this is your transaction ID) and the 1 or 2 at the end (this is your output index)
- Paste these into the text document you created earlier as you will need them in the next step.
Section E: Connecting & Starting the masternode
- Fill in the form.
Aliastype something like "MN01" don't use spaces
Addressis the IP and port (7339) of your server (this will be in the Bitvise terminal that you still have open).
Genkeyis your masternode Gen key (This is also in the Bitvise terminal that you have open).
TxHashis the transaction ID/long key that you copied to the text file.
Output Indexis the 0 or 1 that you copied to your text file.
Click "File Save"
- Close out of the wallet and reopen Wallet
- Open debug console and enter
startmasternode all falseif you don't have any other masternodes running, otherwise use
startmasternode alias false 'Alias'
- 'Alias' should be replaced with the alias you gave your new masternode, like MN01 in our example
- Check the status of your masternode within the VPS by using the command below:
*You should see status 4
If you do, congratulations! You have now setup a masternode. If you do not, please contact support and they will assist you.
If you don't see status 4
Check if your wallet is syncing with
If your wallet is stuck, use the commands
systemctl stop XBI.service and
xbid -reindex -daemon to reindex.
Wait a few minutes and check the status again with
If your wallet is on the correct block, use
xbi-cli stop and
systemctl start XBI.service to restart the service.
xbi-cli mnsync status returns true on everything but the "isFailed"
Retry starting the masternode from you local wallet.