SubjectsPlus is a a LAMP/WAMP application that allows you to manage a number of interrelated parts of a library website:
- Research Guides (i.e., subject, course, etc.)
- Database A-Z List
- Staff List
- Suggestion Box
- Videos (i.e., produced in-library)
It was originally developed at the Ithaca College Library, and primary development is now taking place at the University of Miami Libraries. It is made available under the GNU GPL.
Website, Documentation, Support
- PHP >= to 5.3 - 5.6
- MySQL >= 4 - 5.6
- Web server -- usually Apache, but some people have SubjectsPlus running on IIS
If you run into any missing/weird functionality, check that the following extensions are enabled for PHP:
- mbstring (not necessary, but you'll need to tweak header.php without this)
- simplexml (for reading RSS feeds)
- json (some data is stored as json)
- gettext (only if you need internationalization, aka translations)
- gd (image resizing--notably for headshots and generation of video thumbnails)
If you have MySQL 5.7 you must disable ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BY permanently. Please refer to this stack overflow issue.
Visit the wiki for installation instructions.