fleet-spawn(1) -- Run services on drones.
fleet spawn [<options>] -- [<command>...]
<command> on a drone and restart the process when it dies.
Your spawned process will get the
$PROCESS_ID as environment variables from propagit.
- drone - Specify a drone to connect to by its drone ID. You can specify
'*'to spawn a command on all the drones.
<name>- Set environment variables for the commands.
- commit - Spawn the command on a specific deployed commit. Defaults to the latest commit.
- repo - Spawn the command under this repo name.
Defaults to the closest directory name with a
If you haven't set a remote with
fleet remote, you'll need to specify these
- hub - location of the hub as a "host:port" string
- secret - optional passphrase to connect to the hub
Start a process on a randomly-selected drone:
$ fleet spawn -- node server.js 8888 (spawned a25d7033#edc743)
Start a process with custom environment variables:
$ fleet spawn --env.FOO=3 --env.BAR=kapow -- ./beep.js 5000 (spawned b95fc0fd#07ac33)