- create a virtual network and let the hackers hack it. then analyze what happened. would be a nice demo.
- show how routing, networking works
software testing, web design testing
- test software across various windows systems
- test web design across various platforms and browsers
- use stackvm to demo software to users before they buy it
- (added by bgs100) use stackvm on bug reports/with a bug tracker; the reporter could set up a VM with the software and configuration that exposed the bug, and developers could check the configuration in the VM and mess around with the VM
automate various tasts on a vm with an api
- for example, vm(‘linux’).run(‘/usr/bin/firefox’).app_click(‘addressbar’).sendtext(‘http://www.catonmat.net\n’)
- or vm(‘linux’).move_mouse(sin(t), cos(t), [screen.width/2, screen.height/2], [-100, 100])
- For instance, Heroes of Might and Magic III on a VM, being shared amongst all the players remotely.
- automatic offsite backups of vms from a local stackvm instance
- ability to keep working relatively uninterrupted when servers fail by switching to remotely hosted instances