Recipes are not entire tutorials -- they are small patterns that may be extracted from tutorials. The purpose of Substrate Cookbook is to identify best practices in Substrate runtime code and extract patterns that are useful outside of the context of the specific use case.
- isolate specific pattern
- walk through logic in piecewise steps
- show/link to the full file in the used codebase
I'm going to spend more time working on samples over the next few weeks, but I'm in the process of improving this project as well.
- try to not use "we" or "our" because it often is conducive to unnecessary language
- frequently link to outside content ie original code, blog/tutorial references, documentation for a specific method/trait/etc
Local Build Instructions
Stage locally before making a PR. Don't forget to switch to a new branch before you make edits.
$ cargo install mdbook
- build and open rendered book in default browser
$ mdbook build --open
- If everything looks good, open a Pull Request