... because sometimes, all you need is a snack.
- ~3.3kb! (minified, gzipped, can't even see it when it turns to the side)
- Use any selector engine. Ships with multiple builds (QSA, Qwery, Slick, Sizzle)
- Several element methods
- API to add more element methods
- Cross-browser DOMContentLoaded (domready)
- Cross-browser DOM events
- Event Delegation (with or without a selector engine)
- Publisher objects for application communication
- Cross-browser AJAX
- Shallow object merge with
- Prototypal inheritance with
- A few other utilities (only those snack uses)
Snack is very well documented. In the repository is a docs folder.
docs/index.html in your browser or visit the Snack Homepage.
Contributing / Testing / Building Snack
Submodules (selector engines)
Because Snack ships with several selector engines, there are submodules for each one. You'll need to first update them to build or test Snack:
From the root of the repository:
$ git submodule init $ git submodule update
$ node server.js
Building snack requires uglifyjs.
The tests do not require you to build snack.
Inspiration and code snatching from:
- MooTools (c) Valerio Proietti, MIT license
- jQuery (c) John Resig, Dual license MIT or GPL Version 2
- Zepto (c) Thomas Fuchs, MIT License
- ContentLoaded (c) Diego Perini, MIT License
MIT Style license.
Copyright (c) Ryan Florence