Laptop is a script to set up a Mac OS X laptop for Rails development.
1) Install a C compiler.
Use OS X GCC Installer for Snow Leopard (OS X 10.6).
Use Command Line Tools for XCode for Lion (OS X 10.7) or Mountain Lion (OS X 10.8).
Run the script:
bash < <(curl -s https://raw.github.com/groupbuddies/laptop/master/mac)
What it sets up
- Ack for finding things in files
- Bundler gem for managing Ruby libraries
- Homebrew for managing operating system libraries
- ImageMagick for cropping and resizing images
- Postgres for storing relational data
- Postgres gem for talking to Postgres from Ruby
- Rails gem for writing web applications
- Ruby stable for writing general-purpose code
- RVM for managing versions of the Ruby programming language
- SSH public key for authenticating with Github
It should take less than 15 minutes to install (depends on your machine).
Thanks to thoughtbot from whom this scripts are based.
This guides are maintained by Group Buddies The names and logos for Group Buddies are trademarks of GB-Software As A Service, Lda.
This guides are © 2012 GB-Software As A Service, Lda. It is free software, and may be redistributed under the terms specified in the LICENSE file.