Scalaboot is a template project to seed new scala repository.
Dependencies included (September 2014):
- All basic Scala tools (test, assembly, etc)
- If you haven't done so, install sbt (https://github.com/harrah/xsbt/wiki)
- Clone this project, giving it a desired output directory:
- git clone email@example.com:ypa-data/scalaboot.git myProjectDir
- Sanity test: run sbt clean compile stage assembly This will compile, create a start script for your app, and create assembly for it. If the status of this processs is success, we are in business.
- Open file project/Project.scala:
- Change the name of ScalabootBuild object and PROJECT_NAME val to the name of your project.
- If at this point you know of any dependencies your project needs, add them
- Change the name of the scalaboot-core folder to reflect your project name:
- In the source classes, look for the App, the application class; it is named
Scalaboot.scalaand it is located in
<your-core>\src\main\scala\sss\scalaboot. Change this package and the name of the application class.
- Now it is up to you: start adding your code and play with it. Make sure, in project/Project.scala, to modify the name of your runner (by default it is HADOOP_JOBRUNNER).