[What's New 1.4f - april 05, 2017 - By suloku]
- dragonbane0 made a mod of version 1.4c with folder selection and alphabetical sorting. Zephiles pointed this out and the changes have been merged with some little extra tweaks. Thanks you both!
EDIT (April 6th 21:39:03 UTC): reuploaded with simple graphic bug solved, please re-download if you got the file previously.
[What's New 1.4e - february 27, 2016 - By suloku]
- Fixed bug in card.c that prevented correct backup/write of saves with same filename but different case. Bug affected Timesplitters 2, probably Timesplitters 3 too.
Thanks to DakuTree for reporting and Antidote for fixing.
[What's New 1.4d - august 08, 2015 - By suloku]
- Fixed bug in card.c that prevented writing to the last block of the memory card, preventing restoring a savegame that would fill the memory card (thanks to undergroundmonorail)
- Fixed bug in card.c that prevented correct block freeing when deleting a file and only was fixed by using the memory card on official software (the wii/gamecube save manager or probably also games)
- Added libogc fix for a bug in card.c (the bug didn't affect GCMM, it was fixed in 1.4b, but I didn't change card.c)
- Changed button presses for single savegame delete to prevent unvoluntary savegame deleting
[What's New 1.4c - january 05, 2014 - By suloku]
- Disabled __sector_erase() check when raw restoring as some unofficial cards seem to have problems with it.
note: the debug version remains 1.4b as this change doesn't affect it in any way, so it is pointless to reupload.
EDIT: Added mod by dragonbane0 with folder and alphabetical sorting support to the download
(note: don't grab the source downloads)
This version disables some security checks in GCMM, if you don't know what you are doing use the normal version!
These files are the standard GCMM 1.4b (r58) but wihtout the DEBUGRAW and FLASHIDCHECK flags enabled.
This disables the _card_sectorerase function check and allows to restore images to cards with different flash id.
This has been done mainly because in the process of testing GCMM 1.4b one of my unnoficial MCs reffused to correctly erase sectors when restoring, thus making me unable to restore that memory card.
This happened also with older versions of GCMM, so it's not a new introduced bug. Restoring works fine in my other MCs.
This version allows restoring an image even if the __card_sectorerase fails and shows an error. I advise to dump the card again after restore and check the image with any hash tool (md5, crc32...) to see if the restore went OK.
This version also allows to write an image all fillex with 0xFF, which is essentially what __card_sectorerase does, as official memory cards need to set all bits to 1 and the the write operation sets the necessary bits to 0.
This behavior doesn't apply to unnofficial cards, which are written fine without previously erasing the sectors.
So I used this version to flash a full 0xFF image to my MC, and then successfully restored my original backup.
To sum up, the uses of this version:
- Force a restore when __card_sectorerase error appears
- Write an image filled with 0xFF to check if all the bits can be set to 1.
- Write an image filled with 0x00 to check if all the bits can be set to zero
- Make the system menu/gamecube bios format the MC (after restoring a 0xFF or 0x00 image or any image that corrupts the card).
Process to ensure the memory card is healthy:
1.- Write a 0xFF image, then dump and compare.
2.- Write a 0x00 image, then dump and compare. This checks if all bits can be set to 1.
3.- Write a 0xFF image, then dump and compare. This checks if all bits can be set to 0.
If steps 2 and 3 output correct images, then the card is healthy.
NOTE: flashing the full card, as with any flash type memory, will reduce its lifespan, as flash memory has a limited number of times it can be written, so continously restoring images isn't advised if one wants to preserve the memory card.
Since google code is closing, I'm keeping these files here.
RawTools: This package contains a set of tools for tweaking memory card raw images. Please refer to each tool's readme file for more specific information. Contains GCHeader, GCSerial, GCPadder and mci2raw.
NMM2GCI 0.3: This tool converts to and from gci files and "no more memory" gamecube memory card savegame format.
ZeldaTPConverter: this tool converts a "The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess" savegame from gamecube format to wii format and vice versa.
ctr-gcs_0.3b: a memory card management tool like GCMM, but use GCMM since it has more features and more testing behind it.
(don't grab the source downloads)
So, google code is closing, so I'm uploading here all previous releases of GCMM.
(don't grab the source code downloads)
These are the libraries used to compile GCMM 1.1-1.4f
Compiled with devkitpPPC r26
Libogc: libOGC 1.8.11 git (2012-07-25)
jpeg-8d-ppc.tar.bz2 2012-05-25 527.0 kB
libpng-1.5.4-ppc.tar.bz2 2011-07-30 382.7 kB
zlib-1.2.5-ppc.tar.bz2 2011-07-30 76.5 kB
freetype-2.4.2-ppc.tar.bz2 2010-10-25 1.5 MB
mxml-2.6-ppc.tar.bz2 2010-03-20 55.3 kB
expat-2.0.1-ppc.tar.bz2 2009-10-31 217.1 kB
tremor-lowmem-ppc.tar.bz2 2009-10-21 93.3 kB