Micro:bit BLE Xamarin
A sample Xamarin app (Android/iOS) that demonstrates connecting with a BBC Micro:bit and fetching sensor data.
What is the BBC Micro:bit
The Micro Bit (also referred to as BBC Micro Bit, stylized as micro:bit) is an ARM-based embedded system designed by the BBC for use in computer education in the UK. The device has been given away free to every year 7 pupil in the UK, and is also available for purchase by anyone.
More details/videos on the official website.
- You need to flash a hex file on the Micro:bit that enables all the bluetooth services you want.
- You can use the hex file provided by Martin Woolley for this Micro:bit BLUE app. The file can be found linked in this article.
- You also need to pair the Micro:bit with your phone. The instructions for doing this can be found at the link above.
- Bearing value in the Magnetometer service doesn't seem to work.
- Issues when multiple services are opened and closed in rapid succession. This is probably related to how subscribing/un-subscribing to characteristics works.
- This app hasn't been tested on iOS yet. If you manage to try it out and it works, let me know.
Any bug fixes, feature additions are welcome!