A web-based visualization of the budget information released on the School District of Philadelphia's Open Data Initiative page.
Based on D3's Sequences sunburst example.
- Install Node. You can download and find installation instructions at http://nodejs.org/.
- Install Grunt command line interface
npm install -g grunt-cli
- From your project directory, run
npm installto pull in dependencies
- To watch changes locally, type command
gruntand visit the site in your browser at localhost:8080
You can view the github pages version of this site at http://summer-of-open-source.github.io/schoolbudget.phl.io
School district data can be found at: http://webgui.phila.k12.pa.us/offices/o/open-data-initiative View the data in a google doc.
- open terminal.
- clone repo.
- navigate to cloned folder
- run python -m SimpleHTTPServer
- Open Chrome Browser to http://0.0.0.0:8000