A terraform provider that utilizes https://github.com/sumup-oss/vaulted to provide
https://github.com/hashicorp/terraform for https://github.com/hashicorp/vault encrypted secrets via
- are never stored as plaintext in your terraform state.
- are never logged in stdout as plaintext.
- can be safely stored in SCM such as Git in their encrypted payload format produced by https://github.com/sumup-oss/vaulted .
Tested and used against https://github.com/hashicorp/vault official docker image versions:
Check magefile.go for up-to-date info what the test suite matrix uses.
Typical Terraform workflow
https://github.com/sumup/vaulted and this providerTerraform workflow with usage of
- Download latest GitHub release locally for your OS and architecture.
- Follow https://www.terraform.io/docs/configuration/providers.html#third-party-plugins
- Move downloaded release binary to local terraform plugin dir.
E.g installation on a Linux AMD64 host
# Assuming we already downloaded the binary at ~/Downloads/terraform-provider-vaulted_v0.2.0_linux_amd64 > mkdir -p ~/.terraform.d/plugins/linux_amd64 > mv ~/Downloads/terraform-provider-vaulted_v0.2.0_linux_amd64 ~/.terraform.d/plugins/linux_amd64/terraform-provider-vaulted
And we're ready to use it!
SumUp is a mobile-point of sale provider.
It is our mission to make easy and fast card payments a reality across the entire world.
You can pay with SumUp in more than 30 countries, already.
Our engineers work in Berlin, Cologne, Sofia and Sāo Paulo.
Want to come work with us? Head to our careers page to find out more.