Another home for the Sunlight Foundation's Open Data Policy research.
In this repo:
- US Open Data Map
- US Open Data Portals
- Please note we are not actively maintaining this list of open data portals. Please feel free to submit an issue for any portals that should be added.
- Specific open data policies
- For a list of broader open data policies, see the US Open Data Map.
- US examples of data inventories
- International examples of data inventories
- US examples of public records portals
See also the Sunlight Foundation Open Data Policy Guidelines.
You may also be interested in the hub for Sunlight's local open data work.
For contributors to the open data portal list:
If you’re looking to contribute to the list of local open data portals, here are the category choices for each column:
- In Progress
- US State
- US City or County
- Other County Related
- Other State Related
- US City GIS
- US State GIS
Validate GeoJSON Prior to Commiting Your Work
GeoJSON Lint is a web service that will validate GeoJSON files; Simply copy and paste the contents of the file into the site's
textarea section, and click the "Test GeoJSON" button below.
If you have errors, you'll be alerted via modals, pointing to the code line with an explanation.
Correct the errors until the file passes the linting process; you'll know this happens when the map automatically loads the contents of the GeoJSON file.