SPD 2016 Introduction to Scientific Python and SunPy
This repository contains the material presented at the
- Introduction to Scientific Python Session (Tuesday, May 31st, 2016)
- SunPy 0.7 (Thursday, June 2nd, 2016)
sessions at the 47th SPD meeting 2016 which took place in Boulder CO.
If all else fails: http://mybinder.org/repo/sunpy/2016SPD-Python-SunPy/
The scientific Python stack consists of the following
as well as
Recommended Python Tools
- Anaconda - Python distribution and packaging system (the only way to fly!)
- PyCharm - Python IDE
- atom - Text editor for code
- jupiter notebook - Available with anaconda, docs
- Spyder - Python IDE (included with anaconda)
For chatting and communication during the presentation please use this IRC web client. Please use your real name as a handle so that it is easier to identify people.
All material is made available under CC-BY 4.0