There is a new home!!!
https://github.com/bel2125/civetweb Bel has been taking the lead on Civetweb, so the official repository is being moved under his control for ease of maintenance.
Project mission is to provide easy to use, powerful, C/C++ embeddable web server with optional CGI, SSL and Lua support. Civetweb has a MIT license so you can innovate without restrictions.
Where to find the official version?
End users can download Civetweb at SourceForge https://sourceforge.net/projects/civetweb/
Developers can contribute to CivetWeb via GitHub https://github.com/bel2125/civetweb
Trouble tickets should be filed on GitHub https://github.com/bel2125/civetweb/issues
Discussion group is at Google Groups https://groups.google.com/d/forum/civetweb
Quick start documentation
- docs/Installing.md - Install Guide
- docs/UserManual.md - End User Guide
- docs/Building.md - Buildiing the Server Quick Start
- docs/Embedding.md - Embedding Quick Start
- RELEASE_NOTES.md - Release Notes
- LICENSE.md - Copyright License
Civetweb keeps the balance between functionality and simplicity by a carefully selected list of features:
- Liberal, commercial-friendly, permissive, MIT license
- Free from copy-left licenses, like GPL, because you should innovate without restrictions.
- Based on Mongoose
- Works on Windows, Mac, UNIX, iPhone, Android, Buildroot, and many other platforms
- Scripting and database support (Lua scipts, Lua Server Pages, CGI + SQLite database). This provides a ready to go, powerful web development platform in a one single-click executable with no dependencies.
- Support for CGI, HTTPS/SSL, SSI, HTTP digest (MD5) authorization, Websocket, WEbDAV
- Resumed download, URL rewrite, file blacklist, IP-based ACL, Windows service
- Download speed limit based on client subnet or URI pattern
- Simple and clean embedding API. The source is in single file to make things easy. Embedding examples included.
- HTTP client capable of sending arbitrary HTTP/HTTPS requests
Optionally included software
Contributions are welcome provided all contributions carry the MIT license.
DO NOT APPLY fixes copied from Mongoose to this project to prevent GPL tainting.
Civetweb is based on the Mongoose project - the original Author was Sergey Lyubka. He still controls the original Mongoose project. However, he has changed or said he would change licenses after writing and distributing the original code this project is based on.
Using this project ensures the MIT licenses terms are applied and GPL cannot be imposed on any of this code as long as it is sourced from here. This code will remain free with the MIT license protection.
A list of authors can be found in CREDITS.md