|Talk Format||Audience Level|
|2 hour workshop||All|
Building Art with Code
Have you ever seen awesome animations or stunning visuals online and wondered how they were created? This workshop dives into the code and math behind these pieces of artwork using p5js. We’ll build multiple demos during this workshop so you’ll leave ready to build your own web-ready artworks!
- This will be co-taught with Ali Spittel (Twitter, Linkedin, site, bio). We are co-teachers at GA, so we teach together almost every day!
- We have taught a 45 minute version of this class to students just learning to code.
- View pieces of art built with code
- Setup P5 in order to create art with code
- Understand some of the math that goes into code art
- Learn how to make that code art interactive
What is p5.js
Some the speakers have built with p5.js:
Some awesome advanced examples:
- Intro - 5 minutes
- Demo art works - 10 minutes
- Setup P5 - 10 minutes
- Build basic sketches with P5 - 20 minutes
- Build interactive sketches with p5 - 25 minutes
- Explain how to use geometry to make your art even cooler - 25 minutes
- Wrap up / Where you can learn more - 10 minutes
- Q & A - 15 minutes
Attendees Will Leave With...
The ability to build artwork that is ready to host online! Students will create multiple demos within the course of the class, that they can customize and extend to express themselves.