This Week in Superpowers #1
Clone this wiki locally
Covering the week of 2016-01-15 to 2016-01-21.
Welcome to our first edition of This Week in Superpowers, a weekly report about what's happening in the community! Superpowers is an open source HTML5 2D+3D game maker featuring real-time collaboration and incredible extensibility.
- Metylene released Ninja Conquete
- Harraps released SuperPower Chess
- Crazyrems is working on a Taxi Cab game for 1GAM (and recently released Quest Giver)
- Bokopi has started a Monopoly game project and is looking for help
- Antca has created a repository for his npm plugin for Superpowers Game
- Antarka has started a series of video tutorials in French
- Sparklin Labs has resumed work on our 2D platformer game for PC and mobile. It will star this little guy. More soon!
Work on the redesigned Superpowers launcher has resumed
No Superpowers release this week as we're working on the redesigned launcher for v1.0 and no urgent bugs have popped up in v0.19.0. Work is happening in the
Great news: We got entirely automated builds with Travis (.travis.yml, build log), with automated deploys for all 5 supported platforms directly to GitHub! This very early
v0.0.6 test release was entirely built and deployed by tagging a commit. No manual intervention!
- The first version of the "Extending Superpowers" page is now complete!
- The new development wiki has been created.
We'll move the various development pages from the user documentation to the wiki.
Open source asset packs
New repository is at https://github.com/sparklinlabs/superpowers-asset-packs, asset packs are now CC0-licensed!
Work in progress on drag'n'drop from asset tree view to scenes
dnd-tree-view to add support for tagging drag'n'drop events with metadata when dragging nodes outside of a tree view, as well as handling foreign objects being dragged into a tree view:
Pull requests and other development news
- Chinese translation
- Updated Socket.IO to 1.4
- Every commit or pull request are now checked for build errors by Travis
- We now only insert
- Updated all Superpowers dependencies: we're now running TypeScript 1.7!
- Better command line behavior for
node server ...with
- Updated the roadmap for v1.0 and beyond
Help wanted! ^_^
We have created lots of issues in the various repositories for planned features or bugs to fix. We'd love your help so if something tickles your fancy, comment and ask for guidance if needed. We'll be happy to get you up to speed!