This Week in Superpowers #5
Clone this wiki locally
Covering the week of 2016-02-12 to 2016-02-21.
This Week in Superpowers is a weekly report about what's happening in the community!
Superpowers is an open source HTML5 2D+3D game maker featuring real-time collaboration and incredible extensibility.
- Gwyn Perry is working on blending mode support for Superpowers Game
- Stral from MadCat shared more WIP footage of their game
- Luke Lan Faust has shared a couple tutorials for Getting clipboard data and getting mouse/touch position in world space with rays
- @StuffBySpencer released a theme for the text editor
- We've started using #superpowers-html5 on irc.freenode.net as the new community chatroom
Teaching gamedev to teenagers with Superpowers
(alternate title: "Teenage Mutant Ninja Gamedevs" )
Last week, Sparklin Labs was invited in Brest by the Cosmikats for Superpowers gamedev workshops with 10 teenagers who had never made a game before! Check out some of the games that were created and the 2-minute news report that aired on Breton TV.
We had a ton of fun and it was awesome to help younglings discover the various aspects of making a game ^_^. Thanks again to Alice and the PL Guérin for having us!
Pull requests and other development news
- nabor fixed creating a new plugin using
node server init system:author/plugin
- mattdiener implemented a 3-number overload for TextRenderer.setColor
- usdivad submitted a big PR adding various new classes to Sup.Audio (not yet reviewed)
- Jsynk added submitted a PR adding multiple animation playback support to Sup.ModelRenderer (not yet reviewed)
- chrisbubernak submitted a PR clearing scheduled saves for deleted assets (being discussed)
We're quite a bit behind on reviews. We'll be focusing on finishing the first version of the redesigned Superpowers app before tackling the biggest PRs. Thanks for your patience!
Help wanted! ^_^
There are lots of issues in the various repositories for planned features or bugs to fix. We'd love your help so if something tickles your fancy, comment and ask for guidance if needed. We'll be happy to get you up to speed!