This Week in Superpowers #8
Clone this wiki locally
Covering the week of 2016-03-11 to 2016-03-17.
This Week in Superpowers is a weekly report about what's happening in the community!
Superpowers is an open source HTML5 2D+3D game maker featuring real-time collaboration and incredible extensibility.
- Liam Brocklehurst is working on a beat-them-up
- Miguelito added shadows, different weapons and a shield to his chicken combat project
- Michael Savchuk is redesigning the ship for his boat game
- Nattack is working on a top-down medieval shooting game
- Michael Seyne is finishing up a 3D top-down space shooter tutorial game
- We livestreamed ourselves creating a Pac-man-like! Check out the game, its source project and the VOD in English!
To be featured, make sure to tweet with the #SuperpowersHTML5 hashtag!
New asset pack!
Part 2 of the Ninja Adventure asset pack is out! New snowy tilesets, portraits, monsters, background elements and soundtracks...
Redesigned asset creation dialog
The asset creation dialog now has a title and icons for each asset type. Other dialogs will be updated similarly.
Other development news
SupClient.html()was added to make dialog and component editor UI code shorter and sweeter. See SupClient/typings/SupClient.html.d.ts and SupClient/src/html.ts
- We got started on locking to avoid race conditions for long-running async operations (see #64)
- Editor toolbars have been redesigned (screenshot soon!)
- Work is continuing on the app. Here's a quick and dirty mockup of the home screen which shows how it could be organized.