Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
This Week in Superpowers #9
Covering the weeks of 2016-03-18 to 2016-04-09.
This Week in Superpowers is a weekly report about what's happening in the community!
Superpowers is an open source HTML5 2D+3D game maker featuring real-time collaboration and incredible extensibility.
We skipped a few weeks but we're back. Enjoy!
- NotExplosive started a cool series of Superpowers video tutorials
- Michael Seyne has released a complete "Asteroids and Spacewar" tutorial.
- He is now working on a Pac-man clone (based on our live workshop) and detailing the process in depth in his development log
- Luke Lan Faust released some free button assets
- We're now doing semi-regular development livestreams in English on Twitch.
- VODs: Superpowers Dev Stream #1 and Dev Stream #2
- We released a video of Rogventure, an abandoned prototype for a multiplayer roguelike we worked on a few months ago. The full source code is being made available to our patrons on Patreon.
To be featured, make sure to tweet with the #SuperpowersHTML5 hashtag!
We've only got a few more tasks before the new Superpowers app can be released.
Here's what's been happening lately:
- Welcome dialog when starting up for the first time
- Connection status and retry button when joining a server
- Built-in IRC chat is done! with icons
- The server's command line has been refactored and improved to report progress when installing / updating a system or plugin
- Number fields now have their content selected on focus. Great to quickly edit positions.
SupClient.setupHotkeysis being phased out: hotkeys are now automatically registered in your editors!
- In Superpowers Game, you can now focus an actor by double-clicking on it
- Looots of translation updates have been merged. Thanks y'all!