SuperTuxKart is a free kart racing game. It focuses on fun and not on realistic kart physics. Instructions can be found on the in-game help page.
Latest release binaries can be found here.
To run SuperTuxKart, make sure that your computer's specifications are equal or higher than the following specifications:
- A graphics card capable of 3D rendering - NVIDIA GeForce 8 series and newer (GeForce 8100 or newer), AMD/ATI Radeon HD 4000 series and newer, Intel HD Graphics 3000 and newer. OpenGL >= 3.3
- You should have a CPU that's running at 1 GHz or faster.
- You'll need at least 512 MB of free VRAM (video memory).
- Minimum disk space: 800 MB
- Ideally, you'll want a joystick with at least 6 buttons.
The software is released under the GNU General Public License (GPL) which can be found in the file
COPYING in the same directory as this file. Information about the licenses for the artwork is contained in
A reminder for those who are looking at the code and 3D models:
SuperTuxKart: X right, Y up, Z forwards
Blender: X right, Y forwards, Z up
The export utilities perform the needed transformation, so in Blender you just work with the XY plane as ground, and things will appear fine in STK (using XZ as ground in the code, obviously).
Building from source
Building instructions can be found in