The Surge SlickGrid Extensions provided by the Surge Consulting Group is a set of open-sourced tools that will make using grids in your application a breeze. The product can be conceptually broken down into the following:
- A jQuery widget which wraps the open-source SlickGrid tool and gives an api for working with it that is more natural to a jQuery user. This includes the ability to define grid columns in mark-up.
- Various extensions that add some nice bits of functionality to the widget. Including:
- Use jQuery Templates for Headers, Footers, and formatting columns
- JSONDataSource object to easily support bottomless scrolling
- Commonly referenced "Special Columns" and formatter aliases
- A standard set of editors and formatters.
- Utility code in the Surge namespace that is used in implementing the above.
Surge SlickGrid Extensions currently has the following dependencies:
- Required - Surge SlickGrid will not run without the following
- Optional - Certain features of Surge SlickGrid will not work without the following
Always check the browser console log for errors that might occur due to missing dependencies.