Otto DIY - Adapted for Wemos D1
This Repository have all open source files for Otto DIY an interactive robot that anyone can make! Otto walks, dances, makes sounds and avoids obstacles. Is completely and truly open source, Arduino compatible, progeamable, 3D printable, once you have all components and tools you will be able to build your own Otto in only 1 hour! NO soldering required you can just buy all components in our website http://www.ottodiy.com/ This is the entry version of otto DIY if you want to try Bluetooth connection, APP control, more sensors please go to Otto DIY + (PLUS) repository
This has been modified to be use with a Wemos D1
This repo is a fork of Otto DIY repository where sketch are adapted to suit the Wemos D1 I had lying around :)
For more info about this fork, have a look at my adaptations
For the hardware
For the programming
- Download & Install Arduino IDE: https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Software also this driver if you have a clone board: http://www.wch.cn/download/CH341SER_EXE.html for PC, or http://www.wch.cn/download/CH341SER_MAC_ZIP.html for MAC
- Copy all libraries to C:\Users\user\Documents\Arduino\libraries (or wherever your library folder is installed):
- Open for example OTTO_smooth_criminal.ino, make sure in tools you have "Board: Arduino Nano" "Processor ATmega328" and your Otto is connected to the corresponding port
- Upload code to your Otto and will dance!
- Make your own dance just modify the arduino code using same functions
Otto was design using Autodesk 123D Design software now in Thinkercad!
You can modify it for customization or further improvements!
Otto was inspired by another robot BoB the BiPed and programmed using code from biped robot Zowi Otto's differences are in the assembled size (11cm x 7cm x12cm), cleaner integration of components and expressions.
Otto DIY by www.ottodiy.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.