DataLogger is an high reliability Android application for multidevice multimodal mobile data acquisition and annotation.
- Logging of sensor data:
- Inertial sensors data such as accelerometer, gyroscope, magnetometer, as well as software sensors data for linear acceleration, orientation (quaternions), gravity;
- Environmental sensors data as temperature, light, pressure and humidity;
- Positioning sensors data such as location and satellites;
- Networks connectivity data, as network cells and WiFi networks;
- Battery level
- Microphone audio
- Google activity recognition labels
- Every sensors can be configured in the settings to enable/disable it, set the sampling frequency, the remote upload of its data.
- Remote upload of data (
PHP_upload_script.txtcontains the PHP code for the server)
- Multidevice (master-slaves) configuration
- Bluetooth connection for synchronization among device of time and status (logging/no logging, labels, sublabels)
- Autostart at boot/reboot
- Background logging using persistent notification
- Logging of data on files (a new file is created at regular interval to reduce data loss)
- Android, minimum SDK 19.
- Google play service (for Google activity recognition)
In order to prevent changes to the setting by the users, the setting menu is protected by a password. It is recommended to change the password in the code before to deploy the application. Set the value of
Constants.java to change the password before to install the application.
Master & Slave configuration
It can be configured for collecting data on multiple devices synchronously, in a master-slave configuration. The configuration is set changing the position of the device in the settings. The Hand device is the master, while Hips, Torso and Bag device are the slaves.
The remote upload functionality requires to set up the remote address for the upload. The address is in
string.xml in the value folder.
Due to the changes to the permissions systems in the latest versions of Android, please check and authorize the access to Microphone, Storage, Telephone and Location in the system settings before to use the application.
This application has been developed for research purpose and release under MIT License. The usage of this application in research and publications must be acknowledged by citing the following publication:
 Mathias Ciliberto, Francisco Javier Ordoñez Morales, Hristijan Gjoreski, Daniel Roggen, Sami Mekki, Stefan Valentin. "High reliability Android application for multidevice multimodal mobile data acquisition and annotation" in ACM Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems (Sensys), 2017.
The MIT License Copyright (c) 2017. Mathias Ciliberto, Francisco Javier Ordoñez Morales, Hristijan Gjoreski, Daniel Roggen Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions: The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.