Search Firefox bookmark contents, with this commandline client. Fafi extracts the content of the bookmarks and stores them into a searchable SQLite database.
Things it does:
- Detects your places database from the Firefox profile folder.
- Extract main text content from all bookmarks into
- Skips .local and .test domains.
- Skips pages that are already indexed.
- Search results are ranked by relevance and displayed with snippets.
URLs are stored together with the main page context as determined by Newspaper.
pipx install fafi fafi --help fafi index fafi search 'linux'
# Install project requirements. poetry install # Log in to a python shell poetry shell # Make faff executable chmod +x fafi.py # Help on commands ./fafi.py --help # Index bookmarks ./fafi.py index # Search for linux ./fafi.py search 'linux'