These are the Perl Tablets, a lexicon style documentation for Perl 6 written in Pandoc-Markdown and optimized for hypertext formats.
They are available online at http://tablets.perl6.org.
How to Help
Fix typos and spelling by editing directly on github with the editor widget.
Add entries to FAQ (Appendix F) and glossary (Appendix G).
Just start reading and report issues if your not sure.
Please pore over Appendix B taking note of the various links to the main Index (Appendix A). When you see a Perl 6 term without a link, find its corresponding anchor in the Index, then (in Appendix B) create a link to it.
Several items in FAQ and the glossary (works mostly without P6 knowledge) are still unexplained.
The Tablet 1: History needs a lot of help, especially information from people who were involved in the subprojects.
Running the report.pl will you give you hints about current things to do.
- Index A has following rules:
- Anchors are case sensitive, if the term is "BEGIN", the anchor is also "BEGIN".
- Parts of the anchor name are divided by a minus ("-").
- None alphanumeric chars are descibed as lowercase name.
- But use for that only one word, "=" is "equal" not "equal sign".
- "==" is equal-equal, "===" is "equal-equal-equal"
- A secondary anchor can dexribe the name of an operator.
- Index G has following rules:
- Anchor uses always the abbreviation, acronym or short form.
- Acronyms are uppercase rest is always lower case.
- Perl 6 builtins (links to A) are bold (**...**)
- terms (links to G) and Perl 5 builtins are italic (*...*)
- code snipptes are in (`...`)
- markdown for formating linked text please inside the square brackets
- between item name, its explanation and additional infos is an — (—)
Getting your copy
Just clone the repo per git and install pandoc.
Generating the html
After updating any .txt files, to regenerate the corresponding html
./build-html.pl in the docs directory.
Publishing the Tablets
scp the docs/*.html files and the styles.css file to the web.
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-SA 3.0)
- lichtkind firstname.lastname@example.org