This Django app is a chat-like application with some aspects of IRC but with a strong usage of message clocks.
Message clocks are always displayed and used in message to reference answer or relation with other messages.
A sample part of Tribune messages will look like this in a plain-text version :
16:15:27 <superman> First 16:16:13 Anonymous coward 16:15:27 oh no you don't ! 16:15:27 <superman> 16:16:13 lier ! 18:39:01 Mozilla/5.0 Hello world ! 18:39:05 <superman> 18:39:01 hello 18:43:22 Anonymous coward 18:39:01 yo
The application has a rich interface but is also accessible from third client application (via a XML backend) and even in plain text.
- Easy embedding in your Django webapp;
- Various backends `Formats`_;
- `Action commands`_;
- `Message filtering`_ usually called a BaK;
- A rich interface (currently in development);
- Full localization for french and english language;
- `Discovery`_ XML configuration file for third client applications (aka remote client or coincoins);
- Channel support;
- South support;